Existing Pipelines Crossing Lake Sacagawea
Dating From 1930, 11 Existing Pipeline Crossings Upstream of Reservation
- 1930 – Montana – Dakota Power installed natural gas pipeline on Lewis and Clark Bridge
- 1952 – Tesoro’s 8” crude line was laid along the bottom of the lake
- 1956 – 3 additional 8” pipelines now owned by Hess laid along the bottom of the lake
- 1960 – Cenex installed a gasoline pipeline across the Four Bears Bridge
- 1961 – Raw gas pipeline now owned by Hess installed along bottom of lakeother 2
- 1981 – Hess installed 3 more 8” natural gas pipelines were trenched into bottom of lake near Trenton, ND
- 1992 – Hess installed pipeline to transport natural gas from Tioga to Watford City
- 1999 – Enbridge purchased Hess Line near Trenton, and converted to crude line. Oneok now owns other two.
- 2010 – Hess converted existing 8” to crude line. Connects McKenzie county to Ramberg. 40K BOD capacity.
- 2010 – Proposed Bakkenlink line would use trench method installation. Up to 100k BOD capacity.
Click a map below for full-size image.